Anew teaching and research facility for the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences has been formally handed over to the University by construction company BAM.

The handover represents a significant milestone. Work on the project started four years ago and the focus now shifts to fitting out the interior, with a scheduled autumn opening date. 

Named after Sir William Henry Bragg, a former professor at the University who was awarded the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1915, the new building will bring together the School of Physics and Astronomy and the School of Computing, creating an engineering and physical sciences hub on the north-east corner of campus.

Read more.

Categories: Industry News